Bendigo Regional Legal Assistance Forum (LAF)
- Advocacy & Rights Centre (incorporating the Social Housing Advocacy & Support Program [SHASP]
- Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre, and Seniors Rights Victoria)
- Victoria Legal Aid (Bendigo)
- Consumer Affairs Victoria (Bendigo)
- Bendigo Courts
- Department of Human Services (Bendigo: Placement & Family Services
- Community Care Partnerships
Other agencies who have expressed interest
- Bendigo District Aboriginal Cooperative
- Local Aboriginal Justice Advisory Committee (LAJAC)
- Centre Against Sexual Assault Loddon Campaspe (CASA)
- Emergency Accommodation Support Enterprise (EASE)
- Annie North Women’s Refuge
- St Luke’s Anglicare
- Murray Valley Aboriginal Corporation
- MacKillop Family Services, Victoria Police
- Bendigo Community Health and Sunraysia Community Health Services
The forum will meet regularly (initially monthly) and will be convened by the Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre.
- Brochure has been developed to improve referrals to legal services in the region: Legal and Advocacy Services in the Loddon Campaspe Region (PDF - 1126kb)
- Bendigo Regional LAF - Forum launch
The aim of this forum is to learn more about the services provided by legal assistance providers in the Bendigo region, participate to identify any gaps and also discuss strategies on ways forward.
There will be guest speakers on the day with focus groups following the speakers' presentations. There will be also be a demonstration on use of the Fitzroy Legal Service’s free online legal resources.
Details are as follows:
Date: 12 November 2009 from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm.
Venue: The Capitol Theatre, 50 View St, Bendigo VIC
Please RSVP to Denise Lambrou on email@example.com by 8 November 2009. Spaces are limited and RSVP's are essential for catering purposes.